One of the biggest steps on my Journey to Find Joy has been following inspiration! In other words, unfollow people that don’t bring you joy and inspiration plus listening to podcasts that provoke thought and help you grow. The gram (Instagram) is full of inspiration, if you know where to look for it. What inspires one person, might not inspire another person. For instance, I love fashion but it’s not something I care about deeply so you won’t find me following too many fashion bloggers. When I first started on the gram, I followed Boston Terrier owners and fitness accounts. I found so much inspiration in the fitness accounts and I even lost some weight. I started a foodie account and blog for awhile and I thought it would be a great idea since I love food, but I found that I was just trying to eat and make things that looked good but maybe weren’t as healthy. Through the years, I have come to discover what brings me joy is following real, authentic people/businesses that promote health and wellness. Here are my top 5 Instagram accounts to follow if you need health and wellness inspiration especially if you’re a mama:
- Angi Fletcher Greene @angigreene I’ve been following Angi for a few years and she is the most real, authentic person on the gram. She talks about her past struggles and shares how she copes with different seasons of life.
- Your Zen Mama @yourzenmama I started following these ladies when I first became pregnant and have found their advice very useful, especially in those early days of motherhood and parenting.
- Mind Body Green @mindbodygreen This account promotes self love and care like no other plus a load of health information.
- AFPA Fitness @afpa_fitness This is where I am attaining my certification in Holistic Nutrition from. Also, they share a wealth of health information as well as promote others who are certified through their programs, so a lot of like minded people to follow and learn from.
- Loni Jane @lonijane This lady is a wealth of knowledge. She’s an Australian mama who has her own e-books that she has done extensive research on health and wellness and continues to share with the world.
Podcast’s have been on the rise in recent years and I. AM. HERE. FOR. IT. The best part is you can listen to them while in the car, at work, or while you’re working out. I listen to podcasts for fun but most of them I listen to for inspiration or topics that can provoke growth in myself. Here are my top 5 podcasts to listen to:
- Find the Magic Podcast with @felicaallen and @taralyngriffin These two ladies share so much helpful information that they have learned from other books and podcasts. I find them talking to topics that I have myself been researching so it really helps me. They cover a lot of motherhood and marriage topics, which is the season I’m in so it’s very insightful
- Herself Podcast @herselfpodcast This is a brand new podcast and the two women cover topics such as marriage, motherhood, women’s health, and finances. It is definitely a must listen!
- Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard @armchairexpert This one is mostly just for fun but I have learned so much from this podcast, especially when Dax has on experts from all different fields.
- Unruffled with @janetlansbury By far my favorite parenting podcast. She talks about respectful parenting and her podcast and blog has helped me more with my parenting than any other resource.
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations @Oprah If you don’t know about Oprah and her SuperSoul Conversations, you are missing out! Celebrities, experts, spiritual leaders. She has them all.
I already want to add number six but it hasn’t launched yet. Brené Brown @brenebrown is starting a podcast called Unlocking Us and I have never looked forward to anything more!
I hope you find some inspiration in these accounts and podcasts. Or better yet, find your own inspiring accounts and podcasts and let me know when inspires you! We are all different, that’s what makes this world go round!